19.11.04

Está quase Natal


I slept well last night. I don't know what's been wrong with me recently, but I suspect that it might be something to do with the traffic noise, and the fact that the flat is directly under Lisbon airport's flight path. Anyway, I didn't waken up in the middle of the night last night, so I finally went to work refreshed. Work today was in the National Library, where I had to get a new card, since my old one lost its magnetic strip a few months ago. The library introduced a new entry system a few weeks ago, so now the card (complete with magnetic strip) is necessary to open the barrier. The security people still take newspapers off people, though, although it remains possible to get in with a laptop, scanner and digital camera. Go figure. Got paid a huge wad of money today, so I'm loaded (but whatever you do, don't tell Linda). I resisted the temptation to spend it on a 20D, and made do with a new memory card instead. I took some photographs of Lisbon's 1,000,000 euro Christmas lights. My photos don't do them justice - they are absolutely superb. I suppose you will just have to come here and see for yourselves. After being offered several blocks of something called hashishe (which I refused, BTW), I caught the tram back to Alcântara, where I had my very late supper of Picanha á Pedra in the lovely little restaurante that I discovered back in September. I leave you now with this image of the Nativity from the display in front of Lisbon's town hall. Beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home