20.4.05

TTFN



This is the end of my first year of Pbase PaD. I can quite proudly state that I didn't miss a single day in all that time. I have decided to take a break for a while, although I may continue posting here more or less regularly. We'll see. Anyway, this is what I wrote on my Pbase blog.

Phew! That was a blast. I started this exactly one year ago tomorrow, with a picture of the sodium street lights lighting up the North Sea haar. I was using my old Fuji M603 - a point and shoot that I got in the January sales, and only my second digital camera (my first one was a Fuji A202 that got sand and Atlantic Ocean in it when I took it on the beach north of Nazaré in Portugal in 2003).

I often wonder now what I did during the six months that I had no camera. By the end of April the photography bug had bit, and I persuaded Linda and Liam to get me the Fuji S7000Z. I had to learn it all from scratch, and the S7000 was a good camera to learn it on. It became my substitute cigarettes, and the camera always came with me wherever I was going.

Through photography I discovered many things that I would previously have simply walked past without noticing. I learned the names of some trees and flowers, I clambered over dry stone walls and barbed wire fences to get to ruined castles, I got to know the countryside around Dundee like the back of my hand. More importantly, however, I got to spend lots of quality time with my family as we toured Scotland looking for photo opportunities - or even just when going for walks with no clear idea of where we would end up.

Now I have a DSLR and a reasonable selection of lenses and an expanding collection of filters and magnifiers, and I think that I am capable of producing reasonably good images. To the extent that I have improved (and, let's face it - it would have been difficult to get any worse - just have a look at last April's images!), well, that is largely down to the Pad community and your constant words of encouragement. Now that my year is up, I want to take a break for a while and get working on some other projects (book, home renovations, get my leg better, etc.).

Before I sign off, though, I want to say a big thank you to every single one of you who have left messages or who have simply looked at my images. Cheers, take care and see you soon, Stu.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a ann wright cello
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is ann wright cello

6:05 am  
Anonymous DRINKING WATER PARASITES.COM said...

Hi Lusobrandane, I really love the great info in your blog.

DRINKING WATER PARASITES.COM

1:51 am  
Anonymous KDF WATER FILTERS.COM said...

I like your blog Lusobrandane and the info you have. I am constantly on the lookout for more info on
BATH BALL FILTER.COM

1:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog with interesting topics. I have a website that offers alot of controversial topics here. Just go to the links page and look for "Video Reviews"

11:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up Lusobrandane, I was blog surfing for barrie flash designers and I came upon your site.
Your site didn't have exactly what I was looking for on barrie flash designers, but I though it was a good read. Keep it up.. Take care.

10:05 pm  
Blogger paris said...

Thanks for the info. If you are interested in sony cybershot dsc t1 digital camera.
Then have a look at sony cybershot dsc t1 digital camera

12:10 am  
Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

i was just browsing through the blog world searching for the keyword posters and it brought me to your site. You have a great site however it is not exactly what i was looking for. Good luck on your site. sincerely, antonio.

6:28 am  
Blogger www.k-and-ktreasures.com said...

I just came across your blog about mystery shopping business and I think it is really informative for all of your members. You could consider visiting my site about mystery shopping business to guide your guests towards products and services related to mystery shopping business. Keep up the good work!

1:12 pm  
Blogger jenny said...

great site .

7:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on carbon fiber fenders while searching the web and wanted to tell you it is great. Feel free to have your participants view carbon fiber fenders for more great ideas.

12:57 pm  
Blogger travismorgan49977880 said...

Get your High School Diploma, Or any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

High School Diploma "BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

5:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://bxscymfn.com/xyiw/ofwt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cpbfjddw.com/tojo/pgmc.html]Cool site[/url]

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://bxscymfn.com/xyiw/ofwt.html | http://iiwctqjj.com/pnhm/iuie.html

7:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home